Thursday, August 18, 2011

Introductions (1)

My name is Robert Alexander. I have two sons 7/9 years old. I'm a single parent. I have been a student at SBVC from Fall semester of 2006 ending in Spring 2011. I have been at CHC since Fall 2010. I have served four terms in office with Student Government (ASG) at SBVC; first term as a Senator, second and third as President and fourth as the SBVC Student Trustee. I'm a member of SBVC Alpha Gamma Sigma. I'm currently active in the Student Senate for California Community Colleges and have held the position of Region IX President, Region IX Vice-President, and currently Treasure. I have completed certificates at SBVC in Administration of Justice, Corrections and Crime Scene Investigation. This year will be my last semester at SBVC and/or CHC; then I will be graduating with two A.A Degrees; one in liberal arts and other in Administration of Justice. What's Next ? It's off to Law School.

I’m a U.S Army Veteran. From 2003-July, 2010, I was an federal Police Officer until I was injured. Currently I'm serving as an Parliamentarian with varies organizations. I currently sit on several committees with the PTA, Moreno Valley Unified School District and the California Department of Education.

I’m a highly motivated and dedicated person with problem-solving, organization, time management and leadership management skills. I‘m a positive-minded person that has a strong understanding how to serve a well diverse population. I have a strong motivation and desire to see people succeed.

I hope one day to serve as a U.S Congressman and/or U.S Senator. I participation in outside activities in our community and served internships with local politicians. I traveled to Washington DC and Sacramento to lobby Congress and Senate on behalf of community college students.

I will leave you with this thought. “Let us all take more responsibility, not only for ourselves and our families but for our communities, our school and our country.” Robert Alexander

"Let us think of education as the means of developing our greatest abilities, because in each of us there is a private hope and dream which, fulfilled, can be translated into benefit for everyone and greater strength for our nation." - John F. Kennedy

Check me out more at my other blog(s)or even facebook (fbi1930@yahoo.com)

www.fbi1930@blogspot.com

I look foreword to having a great semester with all of you in this class.....!

No comments:

Post a Comment